Position Title: Advisor, External Communication and Social Media Position
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Posting start date: 2018-01-30
End date of posting: 2018-02-16
Under the responsibility of the Executive Director, the Advisor, External Communications and Social Media will develop and implement Hacking Health’s communication plan. He will also be responsible for animating and managing communities on various social platforms as well as developing social media activations. He will ensure the outreach of Hacking Health online by coordinating a tight and constant watch, as well as an engaging and professional interaction with the community. In synergy with the members of the internal team, he will develop and maintain the editorial content calendar and participate in various related digital activations. In addition, he will develop the content of all communication tools, mainly the website, newsletters, press releases and the annual review.
About Hacking Health
Established in 2012, Hacking Health is an NPO that matches innovators and health care experts to develop solutions to frontline health issues through the use of technology. The headquarters of Hacking Health are in Montreal, and the movement has 56 chapters established in 15 countries spread over 5 continents. Hacking Health is also more than 180 leaders and 600 volunteers around the world! In 2017, our chapters created 158 event events and creative programs such as hackathons, cafés, workshops and conferences to foster collaboration among key players in health innovation ecosystems.
Hacking Health is an unconventional, volunteerbased organization that creates impact through a highly creative, collaborative, bottomup, communitycentric approach. Our organization is now looking to achieve a new level of impact, based on its unique DNA. Is this challenge for you?
Requirements and profile:
- University degree (in web communication, marketing or equivalent);
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google, Instagram and others);
- Oral & written bilingualism is required;
- Experience in content creation in French and English, and in community management;
- Knowledge of measurement tools (Google Analytics and others);
- Strong writing skills (web, blog, newsletter, etc.);
- Excellent ability to analyze partners’ needs, issues and business objectives;
- Agility to make recommendations on digital communication and good ability to synthesize;
- Solid knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), including WordPress;
- Basic skills in SEO and SEM;
- Ability to offer original solutions to increase visibility and influence for Hacking Health as well as its chapters and partners;
- Ability to work in teams and with tight deadlines;
- Strong entrepreneurial capacity and good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong links with different actors;
- Experience in health tech, startup or technology field would be an asset;
- Ability and willingness to always keep abreast of new technologies and best practices;
- Other characteristics of the person sought include: an excellent sense of organization, autonomy, versatility, creativeness, and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be responsible for various projects:
- Develop strategies and programs to establish, increase and optimize the presence of Hacking Health and its chapters online;
- Develop communication strategies to enhance engagement and stimulate growth and social interactions;
- Proactively manage the Hacking Health web strategy;
- Develop and maintain a multiplatform content calendar to ensure the reach of Hacking Health;
- Provide daily monitoring and management of Hacking Health Global communities on social media;
- Write and create various content in French and English;
- Analyze the needs of Hacking Health and its chapters in digital communication (audits);
- Produce and disseminate performance reports and provide recommendations for future improvements;
- Develop and maintain answer guides, escalation process, social labels, etc.
- Participate creatively in the recruitment and management of volunteers and communication trainees;
- Any other related tasks
If you are interested in Hacking Health and this position, please send us your CV and cover letter no later than February 9, 2018 to: email@example.com
Note: the use of the masculine is only intended to lighten the text.