- This event has passed.
Become an expert on FHIR
March 18, 2016 @ 10:00 am
As FHIR growing we purpose a special 1 day workshop dedicated to become an expert in FHIR with the international expert James Agnew.
What is FHIR?
FHIR® – Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (hl7.org/fhir) – is a next generation standards framework created by HL7. FHIR combines the best features of HL7’s v2 , HL7 v3 and CDA product lines while leveraging the latest web standards and applying a tight focus on implementability.
FHIR solutions are built from a set of modular components called “Resources”. These resources can easily be assembled into working systems that solve real world clinical and administrative problems at a fraction of the price of existing alternatives. FHIR is suitable for use in a wide variety of contexts – mobile phone apps, cloud communications, EHR-based data sharing, server communication in large institutional healthcare providers, and much more.
Who is James Agnew?
James Agnew is an architect with University Health Network in Toronto Canada. He has spent the last 10 years pushing open source technologies as a way of building better software in the health arena. As a part of this mission, he leads the HAPI project, which is a free platform for exchanging medical data used in projects around the world.
Familiarity with web technologies such as REST and JSON/XML
1. Overview of different data standards in healthcare, and current methods for exchanging data
2. The FHIR data model: resources, datatypes, narratives
3. The FHIR REST API: creating, updating, and finding health data
4. Profiling, extending and constraining FHIR for your own use
5. Patterns for building FHIR servers and clients
7. FHIR implementations currently happening
8. Development libraries and where to get help