- This event has passed.
Blockchain in Healthcare Café January 2018
January 31, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Blockchain is getting lots of hype recently for its use in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple. It is a decentralized, distributed, public ledger that records transactions between parties in a verifiable, secure, and permanent manner. How can we apply blockchain technology to solve problems in healthcare? And why might Newfoundland and Labrador be an ideal test bed for such new ideas?
Join us for a lively discussion of:
– consent management
– advanced healthcare directives
– electronic health records
– public vs private blockchain networks
– Ethereum contracts
– mining incentivization in research medicine
– decentralized patient identification
– development of a local blockchain test network to facilitate prototyping
IBM will join remotely to discuss their contributions to the open source Hyperledger blockchain project.
Our meetups are most productive when we have a diverse group of participants. All are welcome.
Stay up to date on health tech in Newfoundland and Labrador. Join us on slack: http://slack.hhstjohnsnl.com/