- This event has passed.
Hacking Health Windsor Detroit IV
April 13 @ 5:00 pm - April 14 @ 9:30 pm
Hacking Health Windsor Detroit brings together creative & collaborative professionals and students to team up and design solutions to health care challenges over an exciting and inspiring Hacking Health Weekend. Participants come from the health, tech & business sectors – but some are just folks who have a great idea that they want to share.
This year our amazing sponsors – Green Shield Canada & Aphria – revealed their six (6) Design Challenge Statements that will guide the ideas & solutions being pitched at Hacking Health Weekend – scroll down to learn more.
Thanks to Platinum Sponsor & Host St. Clair College expect an amazing Hacking Health Weekend in the beautiful Student Life Centre.
Friday April 13th
- Doors Open at 5pm followed by a catered social & open bar
- Pitches start at 7pm – teams have one minute to pitch
Saturday April 14th
- Doors Open at 8am for any team that wants to come in & work on their idea with their teams
- Demos & Judging start at 4:30pm
- Awards ceremony at 7pm
We are looking for a tool that will help improve the patient journey – for example – mapping out the effectiveness of different cannabis strains, managing dosing and delivery, documenting the experience and improving prescriber-patient and the potential future pharmacist-patient interaction.
Medical cannabis helps manage symptoms of cancer, arthritis, and epilepsy and other chronic conditions allowing patients to remain engaged at work, school and play. We are looking for tools that help medical cannabis patients thrive outside the home – whether its by reducing stigma in the workplace or providing reassurance that they are ready for the task at hand.
A mismatch exists between legalization and preparation of medical practitioners to prescribe medical cannabis. In a 2017 study of medical residents and fellows at Washington University, for example, close to 90 per cent felt not at all prepared to prescribe medical cannabis. We are looking for tools that will help doctors, nurses, and pharmacists advise, prescribe, and utilize medical cannabis for the benefit of their patients.
- Before Hacking Health Weekend – form a team and work on a solution to one of the challenge statements
- Before Hacking Health weekend – join an existing team by finding teams & projects posted on SPARKBOARD. Reach out and join!
- Friday Night @ Hacking Health Weekend – pitch your idea and ask others to join your team for the weekend
- Arrive Friday Night @ Hacking Health Weekend without an idea and without a team – looking to join a team that is pitching
- Arrive Friday Night @ Hacking Health Weekend without an idea and not looking to join a team – you just want some good food, meet amazing people having a great time.
Did we mention there are over $30,000 in prizes? Yep.
Includes Friday night appetizers & Saturday breakfast, lunch & dinner you lucky ducks. Did we mention there’s a cash bar? Yep.