- This event has passed.
#HIP613: Pitch Clinic + IP Chats
April 18 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10
This workshop is divided into two parts:
1) Join us for an overview of why you should be thinking about IP, and the common types of IP that are available, e.g. patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc.
2) Communication is key to effective collaboration. At this pitch clinic, we’ll help you learn how to effectively craft a 90 second elevator-style pitch that will convey your idea in a way that transcends disciplines and reaches each individual regardless of their training or perspective!
If you are considering pitching an idea at the Hacking Health Ottawa #HIP613 Hackathon attending this pitch clinic is highly recommended: we’ll help you learn how to deliver the right type and amount of information, within the 60-second time limit, to improve your odds of attracting a great team. It’s also a great chance to network with other Hackathon participants, and get a sneak peek at some of the great projects that will be looking for members!
6:00 p.m Registration and Networking
6:30 p.m Welcome and Opening Remarks
6:45 p.m IP Chats
8:00 p.m Pitch Clinic
8:45 p.m Networking
If you have an idea, don’t forget to post your healthcare problem on the Sparkboard.
This year, we are encouraging participants to practice pitching their healthcare problems in advance of the Hacking Health Ottawa hackathon during any of our events. Here’s why you need to pitch:
- Great opportunity to practice your pitch before the HIP613 hackathon.
- Get your problem noticed and attract team members early.
- Grab the attention of experts, researchers and mentors who can assist you along your journey.
If you are interested, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
By Purchasing a ticket to the Hacking Health, you agree to the following terms and conditions: I hereby grant Hacking Health permission to use my likeness in a video, photo or other digital reproduction in any and all of its publications, including website, without payment or any other consideration.
IP Chats by Smart & Biggar.
Pitch Clinic by L-Spark.