Position Title: Analyst
Status: Unpaid internship, Temporary, Full Time or Part-time (Applications with Full-time availability will be prioritized)
Internship duration: 8 to 12 weeks (begins as soon as possible, at the latest on June 11th between May 22
and June 4th)
Under the responsibility of the Director of Partnership, the Funding Sources and Organization Structure Analyst will be responsible – in collaboration with the team – for identifying and analyzing potential funding sources for national and international foundations, aligned with the vision, mission and strategic plan of the organisation; as well as the organizational structure of NGO international associations.
ABOUT HACKING HEALTH
Who we are
Established in 2012, Hacking Health is an NPO that matches innovators and health care experts to develop solutions to front-line health issues through the use of technology. The headquarters of Hacking Health are in Montreal, and the movement has 56 chapters established in 15 countries spread over 5 continents. Hacking Health has also more than 180 leaders and 600 volunteers around the world! In 2017, our chapters created 158 events and creative programs such as hackathons, coffee shops, workshops and conferences to foster collaboration among key players in health innovation ecosystems.
Hacking Health is an unconventional, volunteer-based organization that makes an impact through a highly creative, collaborative, bottom-up, community-centric approach. Our organization is now looking for a new level of impact, based on its unique DNA. Do you want to take up this challenge?
Hacking Health catalyses collaboration by empowering key stakeholders to build innovative and meaningful solutions to healthcare challenges.
Requirements and profile sought:
- Student finishing its bachelor degree, bachelor or master’s student in business administration
- Any experience relevant to the internship will be considered an asset
- Sense of organization and autonomy
- Versatile, creative and pays attention to detail
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite, Google tools and cloud
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Be passionate and driven by innovation, health and the nonprofit sector
- French and English bilingual required for oral and written communication
Context and Scope of the Analyst’s Activities and Responsibilities:
In order to better deploy its activities to serve the health of the community, Hacking Health seeks to identify existing sources of funding for NPOs and to obtain recommendations that will allow the organization to diversify its sources. Also, we are currently exploring the types of structures of non-profit organizations that have chapters in several countries around the world to determine what would be the most appropriate desired structure of Hacking Health in a mid-term view.
Our Funding Sources and Organizational Structure Analyst will be in charge of contributing to the following activities:
- Analysis and segmentation of foundations, donors and government programs that could be sources of possible funding and generate the most relevant recommendations for our organization.
- Analysis and segmentation of types of existing partnerships, sponsorships and memberships and generate recommendations on the most relevant options for our organization.
- Analysis of existing structures of international non-profit organizations (eg YMCA) and generate the most appropriate recommendations for our organization.
If you are interested in Hacking Health and this unpaid position, please send your resume and cover letter by May 25, 2018 to email@example.com
We are equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, LGBTQI2-S community persons, visible minorities persons, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.